Executive Director and General Manager
- Professional Marine Engineer with 32 years’ experience. Started his career as a shipyard apprentice then went on to spend 20 years at sea, working mainly for BP on board oil and gas tankers, rising to the rank of Chief Engineer.
- During his time with BP, he was involved with their entry into the LNG shipping market achieving the rank of Cryogenic Engineer in 1994. From there he continued to work at sea until 2006, latterly standing by and taking delivery of new-build tankers for their maiden voyages. In 2006 John came ashore to work within the LNG tanker new-build sector.
- In 2006 joined Teekay, and for the following 4 years led the machinery and cryogenic side of reliquefication LNG vessels, and dual fuel diesel electric vessels. He then moved into the role of Project Manager, and during that time, led the development of two stroke gas fuelled vessels, before taking charge of life extension programs for North Sea floating storage units and conversion of tankers to floating storage.
- John formed Reference Marine Services in 2013, providing Consulting, Engineering and Inspection Services to customers and projects in the global Marine and Energy industries.
- In 2018, Reference Marine Service’s signed a strategic collaboration agreement with Joint Efficient Developments Consultancy (JEDCO), and in 2019 both companies joined forces to form Reference Marine International, based in Singapore.
Executive Director, Commercial
- Marketing and Business Development professional with 20 years’ proven track record in developing and executing workforce solutions in the global Energy and Infrastructure industries.
- Secured multi-million dollars’ worth of contracts, supporting Owners, Operators and Engineering companies across various size of oil and gas, power and marine projects.
- Formed several strategic alliances in Asia, increasing reach and market share across new and existing accounts and territories.
- Strategic Marketing tools that interface and complement existing infrastructures and processes.
- Confidential and mutual alignment with customers and alliances, open dialogue during initial qualification stages of solution developments aligns expectations and produces fit for purpose plans for execution.
- Transparent interface throughout each critical stage of customer and alliance stakeholder engagement.
Executive Director, Operations
- Project Management and Execution Professional with 20 years’ experience in Oil and Gas, LNG and Marine industries.
- Previously held senior Project and Construction Management positions with BP, Premier Oil and SBM Offshore.
- Global strategic alliances with contractors, clients and investors for major Oil & Gas projects.
- Member of the institute of Engineering & Technology, and Association for Project Management.
- Project execution and development planning of major projects. Contracting strategies (LSTK, hybrid, re-measurable).
- Project P&L, cost, resource and schedule management. IRCA Certified Lead Auditor, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 Management Systems.
- Internal and external performance analysis and growth opportunity through sustainable development.